Date: Friday, October 23
Time: 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Legal Analytics: A Competitive Marketplace for Competitive Tools
- Alexis Sharp, Hunton Andrews Kurth
- Michele Gernhardt, Hunton Andrews Kurth
Doris Morgan, McGuire Woods
Legal Analytics is the use of data to make quantitative legal predictions that inform decisions. With so many legal analytics tools on the market touted by every major legal publisher, understanding where data is being derived from and the potential shortcomings of these resources is imperative as an information professional. Learn about a variety of legal analytics platforms as well as how to harness data for your own DIY analytics.
Legal Knowledge Management
- Alyssa Altshuler, Manager of Library Operations and Research, Ropes & Gray
- Stephanie Godley, Director of Knowledge Management & Library Services, Ropes & Gray
The role of the Law Librarian continues to evolve. Knowledge Management and Innovation have become key buzz words, but what do they really mean and how do they impact library services? We will discuss opportunities, resourcing, and how to frame our roles and position our departments to be on the forefront of delivering services in a KM-driven world.
We will also have a business meeting and cover related matters during this time.
The event is free an open to all VALL Members
- Roger Skalbeck, Richmond School of Law
- Jorge H. Juarez, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Megan Molinaro, McGuireWoods