Thank you for being part of VALL’s Listserv Community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established the following guidelines. By joining and using the mailing list, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines set for these peer discussion groups. You also agree to reserve list discussions for topics best suited to the medium and to the audience. This is a great way to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation on topics relevant to the field of law librarianship.
• Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information from which everyone can benefit.
• Please do not request copyright protected articles through the Listserv.
• Do not send messages to the list that are more appropriately sent directly to an individual to the list.
• Do not use the list to set up personal meetings, to thank someone for sending you information, or to say hello to a friend.
• All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited.
• Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list, through the Listserv. Instead, send an e-mail to the Membership Chair.
• Be aware that your message is going to potentially hundreds of members across the Commonwealth. Language, tone, and content that may not be questionable to some, may be questionable to others. Please be aware of this and use tact and common sense.
• Remember to put your name, e-mail address, and contact information in all of your messages in case someone wants to contact you personally instead of posting a public response.
The listserv is provided as a service for the membership of VALL. VALL is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. VALL does not guarantee the accuracy or adequacy of any opinion expressed on the lists. VALL does not actively monitor for inappropriate postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to VALL’s attention, VALL will take appropriate action. VALL is not responsible for any material posted by any third party. The user hereby releases VALL from any and all liability for any damages which result from any use of the listserv.