As the South University Online Reference Librarian, you will act as the liaison for all South University online programs, you will make online students and their needs the primary focus of your actions, with reference and research assistance, instruction, and other services to users in an online environment your main duty. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements:
· Provide reference and assist all patrons with development of research skills.
· Create, write and update library publications, such as manuals, guides, bookmarks, bibliographies, subject guides and other information literacy/library promotional materials.
· Supervise any ILL services offered and contribute content to library web site.
· Review existing collections for continued curriculum relevance.
· This position will require weekend and evening hours.
· This position is located in Savannah, GA.
Reports To: Director , University Libraries, South UniversityDirectly
Interacts With: Library Directors, online faculty, students, and staff, student affairs, curriculum
· Master's Degree in Library, Information Science, or related from an ALA accredited school.
· 1+ years experience working in a library in a post-secondary institution.
· Held positions of increasingly responsible experience in the industry.
· Knowledge of subjects usually taught at a post-secondary institution
· Knowledge of integrated library systems, OCLC, MARC records and current technologies
· Strong computer skills and customer service orientation preferred. Experience delivering library research assistance, instruction, and other services to users in an online environment preferred.
· Experience developing online tutorials or other learning objects; experience with online course management systems; knowledge of current and emerging trends in online learning and knowledge and experience using web development applications is highly desirable.
· Fiscal and personnel management expertise.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills with both peer and subordinate personnel.
· Superior organizational skills
· Work effectively a team member to insure that departmental goals are met.
· Ability to work well within the principles and practices of collection development.
· Ability to teach information literacy skills
· Comfort level with expanding and contracting sphere of influence as required at times by the role.
· Ability to frequently lift 10 to 15 pounds.
For immediate consideration, please email your CV in MS Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your salary history in the body of the