Congratulations to Gail Warren, State Law Librarian, Virginia Supreme Court, for being named to the commission. She will serve a three-year term beginning on December 1, 2013.
Other members of the commision:
- Mark D. Braley, executive director, Legal Services Corporation of Virginia
- Andrea L. Bridgeman, associate general counsel, Freddie Mac
- Deborah V. Bryan, Chief Judge, Virginia Beach Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court
- Joel C. Cunningham, Judge, Halifax Circuit Court
- Kimberly C. Emery, Assistant Dean for Pro Bono and Public Interest, University of Virginia School of Law
- John P. Fishwick, Jr., LichtensteinFishwick PLC
- Larry T. Harley, Executive Director, Southwest Virginia Legal Aid Society, Inc.
- Tonya Henderson-Stith, Chief Judge, Hampton General District Court
- George H. Hettrick, Special Counsel, Hunton & Williams
- Stephen R. McCullough, Judge, Court of Appeals of Virginia
- Paul D. McWhinney, Deputy Commissioner for Programs/Director of Family Services, Virginia Department of Social Services
- Scott C. Oostdyk, McGuireWoods
- Daniel E. Ortiz, Blankingship and Keith, P.C.
- Stephen Otero, Vice President and Sr. Associate General Counsel, Capital One
- Carolyn W. Robbins, Clerk, Salem Combined District Court
The commission will be chaired by Supreme Court Jusctice S. Bernard Goodwyn. The co-chair is Blue Ridge Legal Services executive director John Whitfield. The focus of the commission is to open courthouse doors to those impaired by poverty, disability or language barriers.
Gail will update VALL members through postings on this blog throughout the year. If you have any insight or ideas you would like to share with the commission, please contact Gail.