"CW" = Colonial Williamsburg
"Confusion Corner" = the intersection of Jamestown Road, Richmond Road, Boundary Street, and Duke of Gloucester Street -- where the College of William & Mary meets the Historic Area.
"DOG Street" = Duke of Gloucester Street, the primary Historic Area street. The Merchant's Square shopping area is on the west end.
"The College" = The College of William & Mary
Weather: Highs are supposed to be in the lower- to mid-70's, with lows in the mid-50's. It may rain towards the end of the meeting. If you are staying at the Williamsburg Woodlands Hotel: The Woodlands Hotel and the Cascades Conference Center are adjacent to one another, on the grounds of the Colonial Williamsburg Visitor Center.
To get to the Historic Area and downtown restaurants, you can:
1. Walk: it's 10 minutes to the Historic Area and about 20 minutes to the restaurants.
2. Take the free CW bus: it leaves from the Visitor's Center.
3. Drive: there's both free and paid parking downtown.
If you are staying at the Williamsburg Lodge: To get to the Cascades Conference Center, you can:
1. Drive: park by the Woodlands Hotel or the Cascades Conference Center (parking is free).
2. Take the free CW bus: to the CW Visitor Center, then walk a few minutes to the Cascades.
3. Walk: give yourself at least 30 minutes. From the Lodge, it's a short walk to the Historic Area and downtown restaurants.
If you are touring the Wolf Law Library on Thursday:
Location: The Law School is on South Henry Street, a few blocks south of Duke of Gloucester (DOG) Street and the Historic Area.
Tours are at 2:10, 2:40, 3:10, 3:40, and 4:10 pm, and last 40-50 minutes. Refreshments in our technical services area.
Vans (driven by members of our staff) leave from in front of the Conference Center at 2:00, 2:30, 3:00, 3:30 and 4:00 pm.
Walkers: It's about a 30-40 minute walk from the Cascades Conference Center to the Law Library.
Drivers: It's a 5-minute drive. You may park anywhere in the Law School lot, but you must have a parking pass. Pick one up at the SEAALL Registration/Information table.
Vans will take you back to the Cascades Conference Center at 3:15, 3:45, 4:15, 4:45, and 5:15 pm.
Reservations will be cut off at noon Friday, April 16, and all unreserved seats will be canceled. Details on getting to the restaurants will be available at the Registration/Information table at the meeting. Make reservations at: http://web.wm.edu/law/lawlibrary/seaall2010/program/dinearound.php