submitted by Terry Long, VALL liaison to VLA
· Jobline has exceeded expectations, even though posting charge has increased; it has brought in $16,000 so far this year.
· Membership is strong – 986 members
· The 2017 annual conference will be held in downtown Norfolk.
· The 2016 conference at the Homestead has sold out rooms; any late comers will be given a list of nearby hotels in which to make arrangements. There are 400 registrants for the conference.
· The Ad hoc Website Content Committee was voted to full committee status.
o The committee is working to add more content to the website and functionality.
· Legislative Committee reported that they are unsure the current $500,000 increase in state-aid will stay in the budget in light of the shortfall in state revenues.
· The Professional Associates Forum is soliciting programs for its conference in May to be held at the Newport News Marriott City Center on May 22, 2017 http://www.vla.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=522:call-for-session-proposals--2017-vla-professional-associates-conference----what-s-in-a-name--&catid=21:latest-news
· The License Plate ad hoc committee needs 450 applications before the end of the year in order to get approval for a license tag promoting libraries to be issued; to date only 17 applications are on file. The cost for the plate is $10 in addition to the annual tag fee.
Please sign up for one – I did. http://www.vla.org/vla-library-license-plates