Reference Librarian (Position #: 9002642)
Liberty University School of Law, Lynchburg, Virginia
The Liberty University School of Law, Ehrhorn Law Library, invites applications for a non- tenure-track full-time administrative faculty library position. The mission of the Law Library is to support the Law School in equipping future leaders in law with superior legal education in fidelity to the Christian faith expressed through the Holy Scriptures. Located on the Campus North of the Liberty University in Lynchburg, VA, Ehrhorn Law Library employs 5 librarians and 5 library staff, and serves a student population of 304.
All candidates must demonstrate a commitment to the law school’s Christian mission, scholarship, and service. The law school welcomes applications from minorities and women, and is committed to an ethnically diverse faculty.
Master of Library Science (M.L.S. or equivalent) and Juris Doctor (J.D. or equivalent foreign degree) from American Bar Association accredited institution. Some experience in an academic library environment is preferred.
• Provides extensive reference and research services in a technologically advanced environment serving a sophisticated and research-oriented faculty and student body.
• Participates as instructor in Legal Research, a component of the law school’s innovative, six semester Lawyering Skills program.
• Participates in the faculty liaison program.
• Participates in collection development of print and electronic resources.
• Participates in overall planning and implementation of new programs and procedures in the law library.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of the Law Library.
• Attend seminars, conferences, and participates in local regional and/or national professional associations and activities. Monitors current events and, as time permits, contributes to scholarly discussions through writing articles, making presentations and other means.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Excellent oral communications skills including the ability to communicate in multiple settings, including one-to-one exchanges and group presentations with varied clientele.
• Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in MS Office applications, Macromedia Contribute, and other computer applications.
• Excellent problem solving abilities.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary and benefits are competitive with other Virginia academic law libraries.
To apply, go to https://jobs.liberty.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/search/SearchResults_css.jsp. For further information or questions, please contact Joseph Wiegand, Dean of Internal Affairs and Online Programs, 1971 University Boulevard, Lynchburg, VA 24502 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open until filled.